About the TRAC Library Card
Marigold Library System, Northern Lights Library System, Peace Library System and Yellowhead Regional Library share databases and automated service named TRAC – The Regional Automation Consortium. The shared database, interlibrary loan and circulation system are used by the system member libraries and headquarters. TRAC also collaborates to provide access to downloadable media, eResources, and software to the members of each of the libraries in each of its member systems. TRAC is a not-for-profit society with the legal name of The Regional Libraries Computer Automation Systems Consortium (TRAC) Society. See TRAC Plan of Service.
The Power of your TRAC Card
- Marigold’s membership in TRAC allows TRAC cardholders to access eResources, borrow library resources, place holds and renew items through TRAC member libraries and the four headquarters.
- The TRAC card provides full and equal access to residents of member municipalities. TRAC cardholders are able to borrow materials in person from all libraries participating in Alberta Wide Borrowing (see MELibraries information).
- Anyone living in a Marigold member municipality is eligible for a TRAC library card and may obtain the card at the library of their choice or from Marigold headquarters.
- Patrons agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the member library.
- Anyone living in a non-participating municipality but living within Marigold boundaries is eligible for a local library card with limited privileges. The non-resident card is for TRAC use only. Contact Marigold's Deputy CEO for more information.
- All member libraries and Marigold headquarters issue TRAC cards to anyone residing within Marigold boundaries. (see map)
- Local boards determine local fees.
- Marigold headquarters issues TRAC cards to Library to You (L2U) patrons and to regular patrons who require a card. Call 1-855-934-5334.
- No fees are charged for TRAC cards issued by headquarters
- Non-resident local library cards can be used at the registered libraries only. Restrictions include:
- no ability to place holds on TRACpac
- no ability to renew items on TRACpac
- no access to managing their account on TRACpac
- no access to databases or eResources (electronic databases)