Public Libraries Service Branch (PLSB)
The Public Libraries Services Branch provides policy, planning and administrative expertise required to develop and maintain provincial legislation related to public library service.
Best Practices for Alberta Public Libraries provides service levels that each board can consider as they assess and plan their library service, while taking into account the community's expectations, challenges and growth. These best practices are not standards required by the province.
Public Library Service Policies
- Libraries Act & Regulation
- Public Library Network Policy
- Resource Sharing Operational Policy for Public Libraries
- Collaborative Library Policy
- Electronic Resource Operational Policy
- Library Service for People with Print Disabilities Operational Policy
The Ministry of Municipal Affairs assists municipalities in providing well-managed, collaborative and accountable local government to Albertans.
- Local Appropriation and Public Library Statistics
- Funding, Grants, Statements of Receipts, Budget for Public Library Boards
The Alberta Library (TAL)
The Alberta Library is a province-wide consortium that serves 48 member libraries in over 300 locations across the province.