Making a Difference Award
Marigold Library System’s Making a Difference Award recognizes and celebrates excellence and innovation in library service. The Award traditionally acknowledges a library and team who are proud of an achievement in an area such as programming, outreach, advocacy and public relations, partnerships, and innovative use of technology.
- Identify one program/service, or group of programs/services with a central objective. Preference will be given to focused applications.
- Preference will be given to applications for programs/services that can be replicated in some from by other libraries.
- Community Partnership
- Impactful Ideas and Successes in Increasing Cardholders
- Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- Innovative Programming and Outreach
- Innovative Service
- Innovative Use of Technology
- Intellectual Freedom
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Nominations must be submitted through the online submission form by February 10, 2023.
- Nominations may be made by member library staff or board members.
- Nominations should follow the template provided.
- Fill out the online submission form. Please note that the board chair's signature is no longer required.
- The Advocacy Committee of the Marigold Library Board will consider every nomination based on the criteria above and will choose the award recipient(s).
- Awards are presented at the annual Marigold Library System Conference.
- A winner and an honourable mention from a small, medium, and large library will be chosen. Each winner will receive a plaque and a monetary award ($750 for the winners, $250 for the honourable mentions) to be used at the local library board's discretion.
Acadia, Acme, Beiseker, Berry Creek, Bighorn, Carbon, Carseland, Consort, Delia, Empress, Gleichen, Hussar, Linden, Longview, Millarville, Morrin, Rockyford, Rumsey, Standard, Youngstown
Banff, Crossfield, Drumheller, Hanna, Irricana, Oyen, Sheep River, Three Hills, Trochu
Airdrie, Canmore, Chestermere, Cochrane, High River, Okotoks, Strathmore